Tag Archives: Seymour CT

Articles referring to Seymour, Connecticut, usually in some historical context. Seymour was once a part of Derby, and became a separate township in 1850.

A Sad Good Bye To The Smith-Tomlinson House (c. 1757)

Just a few days ago, the last remaining historic saltbox house in Seymour, Connecticut, was razed to the ground and converted to dumpster fodder, all in the interests of commercial development. The Smith-Tomlinson home, built by Ephraim Smith in 1757, had been used … Continue reading

Posted in Historic Preservation | Tagged , , | 18 Comments